Terms and use policy
Date updated: May 15, 2018
4Good is a social enterprise organization. On any 4Good platform, we trust that our spaces are being used for legal, respectful and generally trustworthy purposes. While using any of these sites, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. The policy is updated based on the date provided above. 4Good has full right to modify these terms based on our discretion. If you do not agree to any of the terms, provided herein, please do not participate on 4Good sites.
By interacting with 4Good and our platforms, you agree to our terms, conditions, policies and guidelines.
You are responsible for reviewing any terms of third party sites that are linked through 4Good platforms.
Interacting with 4Good sites and platforms
3. 4Good Accounts. In some areas of 4Good Sites, you may be asked to create an account, access information and or upload data to help use the 4Good Site or application. These accounts are only available for individuals that are 13 and older, or 16 and older in the EU unless we have parental consent. If you create an account, you are required to provide complete and accurate information. If you have created an account and do not wish to access 4Good Content, you may follow the user instructions applicable for that 4Good Site or platform and/or ask us to manually deactivate your account. In case you have created a password, you should keep this confidential at all times. All 4Good Sites must be used based on our guidelines and policies, and if 4Good determines in its sole discretion that you are not using 4Good Sites in the way it was intended, we have the right to deactivate your account at any time.
When creating a 4Good account, please provide accurate information. If you do not abide by the guidelines provided, we have the right to deactivate your account at any time.
4. Posting Content. You represent and warrant that any material you post to 4Good Sites, does not infringe another party’s intellectual property rights or any applicable national or local law that may apply regarding the posting of material. You also agree that any Content you post will not infringe on any third party right -- including copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or other intellectual property right, and will not slander, defame, libel or invade the right of privacy or publicity of any other person. If you submit any Content to 4Good Sites (translations, questions, comments or otherwise) you understand and agree that it may be used by 4Good for any reason throughout the world without requirement or consent, and that 4Good may edit your Content as long as the meaning is preserved. You agree that you provide a license for 4Good to use your Content worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free and perpetual, non-revocable license for 4Good to use in whatever way 4Good deems appropriate throughout the world in whole or in part, in any media platforms available now or developed in the future. You are required to follow and be familiar with the Community Guidelines. If you post material or misuse 4Good Sites in a way that infringes on another party’s intellectual property rights, or these policies, you understand that we may remove the posting and that you agree to indemnify 4Good based on the indemnification provided below.
We ask that you follow the guidelines, applicable law and respect the intellectual property of others when contributing publicly to any 4Good platform. We may use edited parts of that content for other purposes.
Copyright issues and licenses
5. DMCA Notice. 4Good posts 4Good Talks and Content from around the world. While 4Good strives to ensure all ideas posted are credible, based on facts and do not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion when Content is provided by other parties, and/or may include material that infringes on the copyright another third party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on any 4Good Site infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that Content on 4Good Sites infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send 4Good a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
4Good posts content from a variety of sources and while we respect the intellectual property of others, occasionally content may be posted that contains copyrighted content. If you find infringing content, please follow these steps in order to file a DMCA notice.
your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow 4Good to locate the material on the site
a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; such as, “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; such as, “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent by mail:
6. License to 4Good Content. 4Good Talks recordings are owned by 4Good, provided on 4Good and any other site that we manage or license to. Unless otherwise indicated on the website, audio and video files, transcripts and/or information about a speaker are licensed via Creative Commons license (CC BY -- NC -- ND 4.0 International), which means that certain 4Good Content may be used for personal and/or educational purposes as long as the license terms and 4Good Talks’ Usage Policy are followed. Except as provided in the Usage Policy, you agree not to distribute any 4Good Content without 4Good prior written authorization, unless 4Good makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered from the Talk Page at 4Good.org (such as the Embeddable Player).
A majority of 4Good Content is licensed under Creative Commons. We ask that you do not distribute our Content without prior permission. Please read our Usage Policy link for further terms.
8. Podcasts. Any MP3, MP4 audio files and XML files that are developed by 4Good, co-produced by 4Good as a podcast provided via a 4Good platform or third party platform, are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights to podcast(s) are as defined by the hosting provider, 4Good.org and/or the applicable terms through a subscription, or via a third party hosting provider. However in all instances 4Good podcasts are available for personal, noncommercial use only.
Unless otherwise indicated, you may only use the podcast for personal, noncommercial purposes, provided that:
4Good podcasts may only be used for personal, non-commercial use within the terms listed.
you do not modify or delete any of the podcast Content nor individual audio files
you do not redistribute the audio files made available as part of the podcast
the use or display does not suggest that 4Good promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, products or services
audio files made available for download are not to be reproduced, edited, re-transmitted, or in any way repurposed without prior consent from 4Good.
4Good reserves the right to discontinue providing podcast(s) and to require that you cease accessing or using the podcast(s) or any elements of the podcast at any time for any reason.
Legal risk and responsibilities
9. No Warranties. All Content (including but not limited to: 4Good Talks, animations, videos, transcripts, podcasts etc.) is made available AS IS and 4Good does not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that the Content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. 4Good is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any Content.
All content 4Good provides is "as is," so we can't guarantee everything will be accurate, complete or entirely error-free. Please use our content thoughtfully and responsibly.
You agree to be responsible for any issues you may have resulting from your use of 4GOOD content.
11. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL 4GOOD OR ITS PARENT ORGANIZATION, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OF, USE OR INABILITY TO USE 4GOOD CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NON-DELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
Under no circumstance can 4GOOD be blamed for any damages you may have related to your use of 4GOOD and our platforms.